Saturday, January 16, 2010

Health Care: Sold To Special Interests

I didn’t like the House health care bill or the Senate health care bill. I didn’t expect to like the combined bill either, but was willing to wait and see what it would contain. I failed to realize just how bad it could be! First reports are horrendous. It was foolish of me not to realize how bad it could be. My father came from Chicago and I know how corrupt Chicago politics can be. The “Friends of Barack” receive special treatment. This bill is filled with special deals for the select few and what people in the real world would consider bribes. It does the exact opposite of what it was suppose to do. It will reduce the quality and quantity of health care; will increase the costs of health care; will raise taxes in a recession; and does not cover all citizens. This is not what we were promised.

Perhaps I was an optimist, but I thought there were still legislators in Washington who wanted to do what was best for the country - that they would base their votes on this and not party politics. How naive I was! This has not happened. It takes a special kind of moral fortitude to stand up for what is right and withstand the threats, browbeating, and bribes of party leaders. Does anyone in Washington still have this moral fortitude? If so the fate of the country is in their hands.

Signed,
The Electorate

No comments:

Post a Comment